5.24.2008

Tonight's dinner

http://himtnjerky.com/

This is the company that makes "Trail Dust", the boutique spice blend I use in almost everything. Yum!

Included in uses of Trail Dust: Tatertot Casserole

Brown 1/2 pound mild italian sausage, 1/2 pound light/lean ground beef, and 1/4-1/3 pounds ground buffalo (you can use all ground beef, or otherwise omit/substitute meats. Brown in a pan with generous shakes of Trail Dust (1-2? tablespoons... I just shook it in, so I'm not sure). Drain excess fat. Mix meat in casserole dish with cans lowfat cream of mushroom soup (you could probably use another cream of something if you wanted), and two cans of cut green beans (again, you can use fresh and parboil them first if you wish, or use frozen...). Sprinkle with 2% mild cheddar and cover with a layer of "crispy crowns" or tater tots. Bake at 450 deg. F for 12 minutes.

No, it's not exciting, but it's satisfying and filling. Someone made something like this for me when I had my appendix out in 2001, and I've found it comforting since. And the Trail dust makes sure that things aren't bland and boring. :D

No comments: