5.26.2006

Latest News (Volume whichever) ;)

Well, I'm sitting here in my living room in Owasso. We've gotten mostly moved in, though there are still plenty of boxes to deal with. I'm hoping to use most of this weekend, though, to actually do that.
The dogs come in about every other day, but only when John and/or I can be here to be certain they don't torture the cats. And yes, that is the concern; my kitties torture them through the glass door (though when Lady tries to torture them by showing them how she's in here, getting affection, and they're stuck out there, I refuse to play along...so she gets no affection when they're around to see but not to enjoy). Once the dogs come in, though, the kitties pretty much go to the back of the house and we keep the dogs in the living room, with us.
We've also put a sprinkler outside so the dogs can play in the water. Correction: So Grizzly can play in the water. Poor Bear still thinks water is evil. It comes on and sprays for about 15-30 minutes, and Grizzly has a grand old romp in the water. It's funny to watch. I'll have to take a picture so you guys can see sometime.
I left my job. I was getting really stressed out, and that wasn't worth it to me. I might free lance a little still, but nothing seriously steady at all. Which means that I'm back to being a mundane little housewife. That works for me; I'd much rather housework was mundane and add the spice to my life in other places, ways, and amounts. I like my life this way. Oh, and the fact that we chucked close to 150 bags worth of stuff and therefore moved much less junk here makes it so much easier to keep the house clean. I LIKE it this way.
I got home this afternoon from a morning at Pass Your Plate. I went in, assembled a split 10 (+1) into 22 entrees for John and I. I loved it...fresh, healthy ingredients, pre-chopped, grated, etc, then I assemble into a meal that I bring home, freeze, thaw later when I'm ready for it, and bake in the oven (OK, so there are 6 or so that will take some more work, but still!) I love to cook, but I hate to clean up; this let me cook without cleaning up! YAY!! I already have June's menu; I'll be ready at the end of the month for another month's worth of meals prepped in one morning!
Other than that, there's not much to tell. We don't have a new church yet, but we've got a couple of leads to try out in the next few weeks. I'll post out here when I have new pictures to share; I bought a cheapo digital camera that should let me put some semi-decent pics of the new house, the animals, and the two of us out for folks to peruse.
I now return you to your regularly scheduled insanity. :D
H

No comments: