7.03.2008

Watch this space

Big changes are coming in the months to come. I've been writing for a long time, and I've been told for a long time that I need to be published, but I've never felt that the perfect storm of things had come together for me to feel like I could actually publish and do something meaningful and not just be another voice in the cacophany.

At least, I didn't use to.

Web 2.0 has changed a lot of things, beyond just the way we use the internet. Among the things it's brought is the right sets of tools and formats that I feel like I can actually try to publish without it being an exercise in futility and defeat.

It's going to take a lot of work, of course. Even when you consider that much of what I plan to publish in book form is already written, I have to save it and format it in a way that it works for a book, make sure that all my legal ducks are in a row, and actually assemble the book. And that's all just the work of getting the manuscript together, and doesn't include any new writing that will happen in the mean time.

As I'm struck by deep, ponderous thoughts, they'll still be here. As I'm struck with flighty silliness, well, those will likely stay here. But keep your eyes open. As we get closer to launch, there will be a new website, and I'll likely start hosting this blog over there. (I may even change which blogging service I use, but there will always be directions to get you there from here).

In the meantime? If you're the sort who prays, please keep me in your prayers. It takes a lot of work, and a lot of courage, to do this. I'll need your prayers.

Thanks, folks!

No comments: